Bold (adjective): not afraid of anything. A role at Bold Penguin is an opportunity to be part of something different. To go Bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and questions the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Penguin (noun): a large flightless seabird of the southern hemisphere, with black upperparts and white underparts and wings, developed into flippers for swimming underwater.
Bold Penguin (noun): A self-motivated, outside the box thinker who is continually striving for efficiency in everything they do. More importantly, they consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Welcome to Bold Penguin.
Commercial insurance is a diverse and chaotic world. Businesses fall within a wide spectrum of size, experience, risk and revenue. Combined with tens of thousands of business categories, there are millions of permutations that insurance companies must sort through and decide their appetite. Bold Penguin is the platform that solves this problem.
As a Marketplace Analyst, you will collaborate with our partners to optimize their campaigns for maximum efficiency and profitability, working with the Account Managers, Financial Analyst, and Data Scientist to extract actionable insights from our data. Your primary responsibilities will be to oversee the creation of new campaigns, monitor performance, and recommend changes based on your conclusions. Additionally, you will analyze incoming business types to help our sales team seek new and diverse partnerships.
- Undergraduate Degree related to Business or Analytics
- Experience with statistics, hypothesis testing, and research methodologies
- History of sharing conclusions based on data visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Desire to learn new skills and wear multiple hats
- Interest in becoming an expert in risk appetite and business classification
- An inquisitive mind that seeks to understand “how” and “why”
- Proactive Approach to Problem Solving
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL
- Ability to work full-time in Downtown Columbus
- Experience with ETL processes
- Experience with Data Visualization Software (Tableau, Power BI)