Technical Project Manager
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
The Technical Project Manager (TMP) will work in a hands-on consulting delivery role for the development and enhancement of information system-specific projects. This role will include developing, defining, and executing project plans, scope, schedules, and deliverables. The TPM will work directly with clients to identify contractual obligations and goals, as well as align project requirements with operational standards. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable leading one on one and group requirement gathering sessions to collect in-depth data and integration points, as well as produce documentation to support the business. The TPM will be accountable for successful project delivery while partnering with several internal teams to ensure success.
What You'll Do
- Manage project scopes and timelines and to communicate effectively with clients, including executive-level professionals
- Manage team performance, maintaining a high morale among team members and setting clear expectations
- Demonstrate confidence in client-facing roles with the ability to navigate challenging conversations to create a win-win for all parties
Skills AnD Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience with IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid deliver, waterfall & agile phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation
- Advanced proficiency of project management software and auxiliary tools
- Knowledge of project management best practices
- Technical skills:
MS Visio / Lucidchart or other flowchart / process illustration tool
MS Project / JIRA / Smart Sheets or similar PM tools
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.