We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world becomes more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
About the Team
Talent lives within the Engagement Team at Bold Penguin. Engagement spans HR, Talent, Wellness, and Training & Development. Collaboration is a key part of our culture and comes easy for groups that have developed meaningful connections. The Talent Team plays a vital role in building our culture and finding the best-of-the-best that will succeed on the Glacier! Our team’s goal is to create a best-in-class experience from the first interaction with the company until after our penguins become alumni.
The Talent Partner is a critical player in ensuring the talent team at Bold Penguin is moving towards our growth goals. As a rapidly growing insurtech start-up, finding the right talent is crucial to our success as a company. This individual will serve as the face of Bold Penguin to our candidates, guiding them through our hiring process. Simultaneously, this individual will partner with hiring managers to help fill open roles within our team. A successful candidate will have experience hiring talent for a fast-paced, high-volume, start-up environment. This role will not have general HR responsibilities.
This position reports to the Head of Engagement and offers an opportunity for growth within the Talent team.
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities
We have extremely aggressive growth goals at Bold Penguin. For the second year in a row, we intend to double in size. We’re looking for an ambitious Talent Partner to help us achieve success. Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Serve as a high-functioning Individual Contributor in a fast-paced, high-growth startup.
- Fill the pipeline with qualified candidates, meet with candidates and cover Bold Penguin opportunities and differentiators, ensuring a white-glove experience throughout the process.
- Source candidates, respond to inquiries, review resumes, interview candidates, and facilitate the interview process.
- Provide insights on current hiring progress to stakeholders and inform future hiring strategies using data.
- Plan, execute, and attend external and internal recruiting events, including conferences, trade shows, meet-ups, networking events, open houses and job/career fairs.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of employee benefits and perks.
- Work with leadership regarding open positions, including role details and responsibilities.
- Help drive recruitment strategy for sourcing and engaging candidates.
Skills AnD Qualifications
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of executive search / headhunting and full-cycle technical recruitment experience.
- Experience hiring for fast-paced, high-growth tech companies or startups.
- Experience hiring for fast-paced, high-growth tech companies/startups required. This is not an HR role; traditional HR background is not desired or required for this position.
- Leader in outbound recruitment strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize deliverables and self-manage to deadlines.
- Creative interest in brainstorming and identifying new ways to uncover talent.
- Proven ability in relationship management.
- Understanding of what it means to be a Brand Ambassador.
- Dedication to ethical practice.
- Team player, cultural awareness and a positive attitude.
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.