Bold Penguin is a fast growing Software as a Service company building innovative solutions using modern technology for commercial insurance agents. We favor modern but proven technologies and our stack currently includes Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby on Rails, Angular, Puma, MySQL, PostgresSQL, Redis, and Capistrano.
We’re seeking a full stack Software Engineer who will serve as a cross-functional member of the engineering team who embraces DevOps culture and practices. We’re at a pivotal point where we’re building the platform that will serve as the foundation for the business for years to come.
- Engineers backend services and APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Integrates with third party APIs such as Twilio and with various insurance carriers
- Creates automated tests to ensure our applications are reliable
- Automates the deployment pipeline to enable frequent deployments and consistent builds from development through production
- Shares responsibility for site reliability engineering first designing resilient systems and applications, troubleshoots performance or availability issues, and participates in the on call rotation
- Creates relational database schemas and performs query optimization as well as using in memory data stores
- Collaborates closely with Systems and Security Engineers to build secure and reliable applications
- 5+ years relevant experience building scalable and functional applications, including two years of Ruby.
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies including Linux, Git, AWS, and modern development environments
- Expert in either frontend or backend but capable with both.
- Familiar with a microservice architecture
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
To learn more about Bold Penguin’s results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our jobs page.