Senior Front-End Developer
Bold Penguin is a fast growing Software as a Service company building innovative solutions using modern technology for the commercial insurance industry. We favor modern but proven technologies and our stack currently includes Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ruby on Rails, Angular (version 7), Puma, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Capistrano.
We’re seeking a front end web developer to serve as a collaborative member of our engineering team. You’ll work with UI Designers, Rails engineers, and DevOps engineers to ship high-quality, useful features. We’re at a pivotal point in building a platform that will serve as the foundation of our business for years to come. Our team works hard and moves quickly to meet deadlines and deliver well-built, reliable software. If you love a good challenge and you want to join a small team on the fast-track for growth, this is the role for you.
- Create beautiful and interactive user interfaces for our customers
- Demonstrate testing best-practices appropriate for Angular apps
- Create reusable, self-contained modules and components
- Validate user actions on the client-side and provide responsive feedback
- Connect new features to our Rails APIs via websockets & HTTP short-polling
- 3+ years experience working on Angular apps, preferably keeping up-to-date with the latest versions
- Familiarity with Angular material UI components
- Strong understanding of websockets & HTTP short-polling
- Experience writing unit and integration tests for Angular and AngularJS applications
- Experience with Reactive forms / Datatables
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies including Linux, Git, AWS, and modern development environments
- Rails experience is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with MVC architecture
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
To learn more about Bold Penguin’s results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our jobs page.