We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
Bold Penguin is seeking to build a team of talented Sales Executives to expand our partner base of insurance carriers and large insurance agencies. The position will focus on sales in all aspect of our business, from working with agents on both ends of our product, as well as working with the sales team on larger clients. This requires managing the entire sales cycle, from establishing initial contacts and presenting the Bold Penguin solution, to closing the sale and bringing account management up to speed. Additionally, the team regularly attends events, conferences, and visits potential clients often; as such, travel is required as necessary.
What You'll Do
- Generate new sales prospects and opportunities
- Identify key decision makers and cultivate relationships over time with current and future partners
- Establish and manage a pipeline of prospects throughout the sales process using/updating company sales database
- Conduct in-person sales presentations to demonstrate the value of the product
- Create and present proposals to prospects including pricing and timing
- Negotiate sales contracts from their creation to closure
- Prepare regular reports to management on sales activity
Skills AnD Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience of direct selling, preferably with enterprise software and/or Software as a Service
- Extensive experience of the P&C industry – commercial insurance preferred
- Proven success using a defined sales process with enterprise organizations
- Proven ability to work remotely and manage all activities to achieve success
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and virtually
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrated ability to be in active communication with direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of total time, nationwide
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.