Public Relations Specialist
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a public relations specialist, you will tell Bold Penguin’s story to the world. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to generate ways for Bold Penguin to make a splash in the news, both on a local and on a national level. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong, demonstrated background in public relations and can coordinate across the organization––and with partners––to develop and execute on a comprehensive, thoughtful PR strategy.
What You'll Do
- Proactively formulate PR plans and strategies.
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels, including but not limited to web, social media, email, and print.
- Develop press kit materials, including press releases, pitch letters, case studies, feature articles, and trend stories.
- Write press releases, speeches, and other PR copy.
- Research, execute, and coordinate projects to advance the company’s brand and public relations objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with regional and national media. Fulfill media requests for photographs, factual information, etc.
- Collaborate with partners’ teams to co-create PR initiatives and draft joint responses.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with creative, sales, product, and executive teams.
Skills AnD Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Creative Writing, English, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a public relations specialist or in a similar role.
- Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter who can proactively strategize and coordinate PR opportunities.
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.