Product Marketing Manager
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be the glue between Bold Penguin’s marketing, sales, and product teams. You will build and manage the messaging architecture behind each of our products, acting as an internal and external product evangelist to ensure that our teams talk about our offerings in a consistent, compelling way. The ideal Product Marketing Manager is someone with strong strategic and communication skills who can leverage relationships both inside and outside of the organization to drive a shared vision.
What You'll Do
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned, and provide insight on how to message around their position.
- Collaborate across product, sales, and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and deploy sales enablement materials including one-pagers, webinars, product demos, PowerPoint presentations, and more.
- Understand and document our buyer’s journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it. Assist in development of sales training materials and courses.
- Assist marketing communications and PR in the creation and development of public-facing articles, case studies and press releases.
Skills AnD Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity and presentation applications such as Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, or Basecamp, Powerpoint (and comparable presentation software) and Vizio
- Proven experience working across multiple departments to deliver results.
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.