Content Marketing Manager
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will own Bold Penguin’s voice and make sure that our story gets told. You will lead the strategy and development of our written pieces, both internal and external, to create a shared understanding and awareness of our company and our brand promise. The ideal Content Marketing Manager is someone with a strong, vibrant voice who has demonstrated experience building brands and telling stories across multiple communication platforms.
What You'll Do
- Lead all writing, editing, producing and creating new content for the Marketing and Creative teams.
- Write a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, case studies, guides, white papers, sales assets, etc.).
- Adhere to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices for content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Develop editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice and tone.
- Create concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy.
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with creative, sales, and executive teams.
Skills AnD Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Creative Writing, English, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience writing digital content (short and long form) across multiple platforms.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Comfort using and navigating analytical tools (experience with Google Analytics preferred).
- Exemplary organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Strict adherence to company policies and style.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO.
- Previous insurance experience preferred.
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.