Cloud & Site Reliability Engineer
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As a Cloud & Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert in building highly reliable, highly scalable features and infrastructure. You’ll use DevOps principles to ensure that Bold Penguin’s software systems are always available and ready to scale to meet growing demands.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the reliability, performance, and availability of our platform by working as part of a cross-functional product team
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as iteration planning, retrospective, and daily standups
- Be part of the shared on-call rotation and proactively research possible issues affected the availability of our platform
- Understand and clearly articulate tradeoffs in architecture decisions with regards to cost, security, operational efficiencies, performance, and availability
- Build and maintain infrastructure with executable code (IaC) and automated delivery pipelines
- Be passionate about Cloud/DevOps/SRE concepts such as Immutable Infrastructure, Cattle vs Pets, Infrastructure as Code, Delivery Pipelines
Skills AnD Qualifications
- Deep, hands-on expertise with AWS Cloud formation and other Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; specifically EC2, ECS, ELB, CodePipeline, RDS, S3, IAM, and Lambda
- Ability to articulate Cloud & DevOps concepts to a variety of technical & non-technical team members
- Bonus points for expertise in implementing security & compliance frameworks such as SOC/2, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-171 especially in Amazon Web Services
- Bonus points for AWS Certifications
- Bonus points for familiarity with microservices architectures and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience working at technology companies and startups desirable.
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.