Bold Penguin is a startup based in Columbus, OH founded on using technology to meet the human touch in commercial insurance. Our mission is to help business owners, agents & brokers, and insurance companies connect more efficiently providing software as a service. Founded by a group of entrepreneurs who spent their early days working with Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive, regional carriers and established insurance agencies, we are excited to continue to demonstrate our knowledge in the insurtech space. We are looking to hire the best of the best to join us in cutting the friction out of commercial insurance!
The account manager is the primary liaison between Bold Penguin and all of our partners. As one of our account managers, you will own the interactions with specific partners, developing our relationship with them while improving their experience. Additionally, you will compile and analyze data based on those relationships and coordinate extensively with other teams internally to ensure maximum partner satisfaction.
- Ensures all partner needs are met through frequent partner interactions covering status, strategy, new initiatives, servicing issues, account performance and market changes.
- Recommends, leads and implements ongoing improvements to increase partner growth.
- Thinks creatively and innovatively about ways to improve the overall business in a collaborative environment.
- Works with leadership to develop specific quarterly goals with defined commitments aimed at reaching partners’ mutual annual goals. Create account plans, with guidance from senior management, that include activities, goals and overall performance.
- Supports Bold Penguin’s local presence and strategy.
- Minimum of 2 years account management and Property & Casualty insurance experience. Commercial insurance is a plus.
- Possesses a supportive and responsive manner with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong decision-making ability, financial aptitude, and customer service orientation
- Ability to use Google Suite, CRM tools, Powerpoint and Excel
- Self-motivated, action and results oriented
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Good sense of humor
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
To learn more about Bold Penguin’s results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.