We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
Bold Penguin is seeking to build a team of talented Sales Executives to expand our partner base of insurance agencies. The position will focus on sales of our Agent Terminal. This requires managing the entire sales cycle, from establishing initial contacts and presenting the Bold Penguin solution, to closing the sale and bringing account management up to speed.
What You'll Do
- Prospect, develop, and close new customers for Bold Penguin’s platform and solutions.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline as well as projected contract closing dates.
- Sell the Bold Penguin vision to prospects through product demonstrations, events, and target-specific initiatives.
- Coordinate and work with extended team members.
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) effectively and efficiently recording all sales activities.
- Gain the respect of other sales, marketing, customer success and product team members on your way to becoming a trusted team leader.
Skills AnD Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Entrepreneurially-minded, self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills.
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with business owners and senior management.
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment.
- Successful history of net new business.
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bonus points for P&C insurance industry experience
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.